BRAKE SERVICE & REPAIR
Brake Service & Repair San Jose CA
There is something not right, is it a brake issue?
If you are worried about how to describe your issue as you don’t know much about cars, there is no need. The mycar representatives are experts at talking through issues with you and making diagnostic recommendations.
To understand whether the issue is with your cars braking system or to help you describe the issues you are experiencing to one of our team, our descriptors below might get you on the right track.
- My brake pedal feels soft or spongy when I press it
- The brake pedal feels harder to press than usual
- I hear a grinding or scraping sound when I press the brake pedal
- My car pulls to one side when I brake
- My car squeals when braking
- It is taking longer for my car to stop when at the traffic lights
- The steering wheel shakes when I press on the brake
- My brake warning light illuminating
- My brake fluid is low
Brake Service & Repair San Jose CA
Brakes are a critical safety system of a vehicle. The brake system should be checked at every service and not be interfered with by anybody who does not have the appropriate skills, experience and the latest electronic diagnostic and service equipment.
Brake Service and repairs should only be carried out by a qualified mechanic.
Best Brake Service near me.
A typical brake service would include:
Check disc brake and or drum shoe wear levels
Replace front and rear pads/shoes if necessary
Inspect brake fluid levels and check braking system components
Road test vehicle to check that brakes are operating correctly.
Keeping your vehicles braking system in optimal condition is crucial for your safety and that of others. Brake fluid is a vital part of the brake system and ABS units.
Unfortunately brake fluid is one of the most neglected items in the car as it can only be under extreme conditions when you need it most that you notice any problems.
Brake fluid deteriorates over time and must be changed regularily to ensure safe effective braking. Unfortunately it is one of the most overlooked vehicle fluids.
Baldoyle auto centre have the latest tools specifically designed to check and test your vehicles brake fluid condition.
Brake repair near me.
What does brake fluid do?
- Transmits the force on the brake pedal into pressure to all parts of the braking system which will apply the brakes.
- Brake fluid is designed to have a high boiling point to withstand a high temperature generated by the friction of braking.
- Brake fluid prevents the system from freezing during icy conditions and extreme cold.
- Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it absorbs water. As it absorbs moisture over time, the boiling point gradually lowers – this reduces the effectiveness of the brake fluid.
- Once the water content rises above 3%, the performance of the braking system becomes compromised.
- Water reduces the boiling point of the fluid, air bubbles are created and braking can become ineffective
You will only be aware of the problem after heavy braking sometimes when it is too late!!
- Brake fluid contamination is now such a major concern that all manufacturers recommend that it is changed at least every two years and between 30,000kms intervals.
- Water in the brake fluid will cause premature wear of the Wheel Cylinders and brake callipers. Failure to change your brake fluidregularly can result in costly repairs.
CARE, QUALITY, AND RESPECT FOR YOU AND YOUR CAR.
Brake Service & Repair San Jose, CA. Wheels Aligment, Suspension, Brakes, Oil Changes, Tune-Up, Tires.